WHILE YOU ARE HERE
We are very fortunate to be located in one of the most beautiful and pristine location of Kood Island, where we have small hill, beach and a private canal. You can watch the beautiful sunset almost anywhere at our place. You can even watch the sunset right from your bed.
At night, you can watch the moon and the stars before you go to bed. Shantaa is surrounded by endless opportunities for outdoor exploration and fun. And of course, you have the option of doing nothing at all as well.
- Spend your day snorkeling, swimming around Shantaa. The sea water is so clear and so blue.
- Explore Koh Kood on a nature hike.
- Kayak around the bay or in our private canal.
- Snorkeling in front of the resort.
- Snorkeling around nearby islands.
- Visit Khlong Chao Waterfalls.
- Visit a local fisherman village.
- Having a massage.
- Fishing either day or night.
- Hire a truck with driver to take you around the island.
- Relaxing or taking nap at the beach bar while listening to the music that we play all day.
- Lastly, watch the beautiful sunset in the evening and join us inside the Shantaa restaurant for local tropical cuisine prepared by local chefs.
Contact at the reception for more information.
Most of the beautiful beaches are on the west side of the island . The most popular beaches among visitors are Tapao Beach, Khlong Chao Bay and etc are on the east side of the island. Snorkeling is one of the most famous activities on the west side.
“Ta Tin Beach” is on the northeast of the island. The beach is accessible by boat only. Situated on the west side of the island, “Yai Ki Beach” is charming by small white sand beach and a canal called “Khlong Yai Ki” running out in the middle of the beach.
“Tapao Beach” is the gateway to Koh Kood as the island’s only port is situated here. It is popular by its 2 km. long white sand beach and emerald water. Tapao Beach is also known as one of the most important snorkeling sites of the island. Apart from snorkeling, the beach is good for swimming.
“Khlong Chao Bay” situated on the west side of the island, approximately 1 km. south of Tapao Beach. The bay is famous by its long white sandy beach with coconut yard. The beach is also suits for someone who like swimming and kayaking since there is a canal called “Khlong Chao” running out in the middle of the beach.
“Bang Bao Beach”, “Takian Beach” and “Prao Beach” situated next to “Ngam Ko Beach”. These beaches are the last beaches on the southwest of the island. “Bang Bao Beach” situated in the middle of two small capes. After crossing the cape, Takian Beach or Khlong Hin Beach and Prao Beach are reached. These three beaches are famous by white sand beach, emerald water, coconut yard and tranquil ambiences.
“Yai Kerd Beach” is a small beach on the northeast of the island accessible by boat. It is a small white sand beach without any sea wind through the year.
“Kluai Beach” situated next to Yai Kerd Beach after crossing Kluai Cape. It is famous by its white sand beach and sea weed.